If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish was inspired by my sister who has celiac disease. She is always looking for alternatives to the usual gluten free recipes. This dish packs a whole lot of punch with the sherry vinaigrette, yet maintains a subtly of textures with the remaining components —Jason Nejberger
- 1 Fennel bulb
- 1 pound Skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups Red quinoa
- 2 handfuls Baby arugula
- 1 cup Medium diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cannoli oil
- 3 cups Low sodium chicken stock
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Fresh ground pepper
- Thinly slice fennel bulb and toss with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on sheet pan and spread evenly. Roast in oven for approximately 15 minutes
- Meanwhile in a heavy gauge sauce pan add quinoa, chicken stock, salt and pepper and cook for about 15 minutes
- Preheat grill pan on medium high heat, season chicken breast with salt and pepper and grill both sides until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees
- When quinoa,fennel and chicken are complete, place in a non-reactive metal bowl and add baby arugula, chopped tomatoes, sherry vinegar.
- Toss with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in 4 separate serving bowls and garnish with fennel fronds. Enjoy!