This is one of the few dishes I have made many times. I started making it in college and have made it many times since. It's great for a party and always a huge hit. —roryrabbitfield
- Serves 8
butternut squash (peeled, diced), about 9 cups
fresh minced rosemary
cloves minced garlic
sheets of lasagne pasta
grated parmesan cheese
paprika to taste
black pepper to taste
In This Recipe
- Toss squash with oil in bowl. Season with salt. Roast squash in shallow, oiled pans at 450 degrees until tender & golden.
- In a large pot, boil lasagna sheets. When done, drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- In large saucepan, cook garlic in butter until soft. Stir in flour and cook the roux 3 minutes. Whisk in milk slowly, stirring till smooth. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring. Add squash. Season with salt, pepper, paprika. (You can make the sauce ahead of time.)
- Reduce oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 13 x 9" baking dish. Pour in 1 cup of the sauce. Cover with 3 sheets lasagna. Spread half of the remaining sauce over this, sprinkle with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Make 1 more layer of pasta, sauce, cheese, and end with another pasta layer.
- Beat cream with salt to hold soft peaks. Cover pasta with cream. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of parmesan. Cover tightly with foil. Bake 30 mins. Uncover, bake 10 mins. Let stand 5 mins before serving. Sprinkle chopped parsely over top.