If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Parantha's are the quintessential Indian dish that go as accompaniments to various curries. However, when flavoring is added to a parantha it becomes a delicacy in itself. There are various variants available but one of my healthier favorites is made of Spinach. It is quick and easy to make, and gives you your dose of greens too. Best served with curd and Indian pickles. —Supriya Jain
- 1.5 cups Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 0.5 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 0.25 cups vegetable oil to cook the tortillas
- 1 cup water to make the dough
- Pour this spinach mix in the flour and knead the dough well. Add more water if needed to make a smooth dough
- Split the dough in to 4-5 equal sized balls. Take a rolling pin and roll into 2mm thick round tortillas
- Heat a griddle and when hot add one tortilla to it. Cook for 30 seconds and flip. Then spread some oil on both sides. Cook well till slightly brown while pressing continuously.
- Repeat with the remaining.
- Ready to eat