If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is adapted for Giada De Laurentis’ Everyday Italian show on the Food Network. The modifications I made to the original recipe: I subbed spinach for arugula, added edamame for more protein, and ended up adding 1/2 cup more vegetable broth. —themessimake.com
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 small shallots – chopped (or use 1/4 cup chopped red onions if you don’t have shallots)
- 1 small red pepper
- 1/4 cup edamame or peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add shallots and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped red pepper, salt and pepper and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until they’re soft.
- Add spinach and edamame, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- And quinoa and stir for 1-2 minutes, until coated with oil.
- Add vegetable broth, cover the saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked. The original recipe called for 1 1/2 cup of broth but I ended up added 1/2 cup more because the quinoa was not fully cooked.
- Using a fork, fluff the quinoa once its cooked.
- Add lemon zest and additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with toasted almonds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side