Author Notes: For some reason it seems as if all vegetarians are automatically required to like mushrooms because that is the considered “meat” for vegetarians. Unlike most vegetarians, I never liked mushrooms...unless they're stuffed with cheese...mmmm! —themessimake.com
Serves: a small crowd
Crimini mushrooms – cleaned and stemmed
cup Mexican blend cheese
teaspoons finely chopped green chillies (or crushed red pepper) – use more or less per your spice level preference
tablespoons chopped cilantro
teaspoon minced garlic
teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350º F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cheese, chillies, cilantro, garlic and sea salt.
- Fill the stemmed mushrooms with the cheese blend.
- Grease a baking pan with cooking spray and place the mushrooms in the pan (stuffed side up).
- Bake for ~20 minutes.
- Serve as an appetizer at your next dinner party.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal