If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Looking to wow your guests? Be sure to try this amazing Fig Carpaccio with Lemon and Honey Frisee Salad, Prosciutto, Candied Walnuts and Shaved Parmesan. —Billy Parisi
- 6 large fresh figs
- 1 handful head of frisee lettuce
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 small diced small shallot
- 2 teaspoons of grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 julienne slice of Prosciutto ham
- fresh chervil leaves for garnish
- lemon twists for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a saute pan on high heat, add in walnuts and brown sugar and cook until sugar melts while constantly stirring. Once the walnuts are coated remove from the pan and spread out on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, shallots, mustard, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper until combined to make a lemon and honey vinaigrette, and set aside.
- Using a mandolin slicer, thinly slice the figs longways.
- Next, toss the frisee with the parmesan, prosciutto, salt and pepper and lemon and honey vinaigrette until coated.
- To Plate: Fan the thinly sliced figs all over the plate and place the salad right in the center. Garnish with parmesan slices and candied walnuts