If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe, like many, came from necessity. My mother had tomatoes that were threatening to be over-ripen and needed to be used immediately. I took the tomatoes and other quick cooking items from the fridge and made this excruciatingly simple dish. —Daneka Hillery
- 4 Ripe tomatoes
- 2 cups Cooked rice (your favorite kind)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 pinches Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons Feta Cheese
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 2 Slices of bacon (optional)
- Hollow out the tomatoes and squeeze a little of the seeds out.
- Rub the tomatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper the outside of the fruit.
- Put a little more than half of the herbs and your salt and pepper in the bottom of the tomatoes.
- Add the cooked rice to the tomatoes and top with the feta cheese.
- Bake on 350° F for about 30 minutes or until it is as tender and juicy as you would like.
- Brown the bacon and garnish the tomatoes with the rest of the fresh herbs and crispy bacon bits.