If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 6 waffles
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill's 10-grain pancake & waffle mix
- 1 cup masa harina
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, whites & yolks separated
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 4-6 Hatch (or other green) chiles, roasted, peeled and seeded
- non-stick vegetable spray
- 10-12 slices bacon
- cinnamon agave syrup to serve
- Fry the bacon in a medium skillet until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat your waffle iron and set it between medium and dark. Finely chop 2 of the hatch chiles. Slice the remaining 2 chiles vertically into wide strips and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together pancake/waffle mix, masa harina, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, canola oil, egg yolks and agave syrup. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir just until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the batter mix.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick vegetable spray. Pour ~ ? c. batter onto the iron and sprinkle on ~ 1 T. chiles. Close the lid and cook 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Garnish with 1-2 slices of chile and 1-2 slices of bacon. Drizzle with cinnamon agave syrup.