If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicious healthy soup is for those veggie lovers looking to take their taste buds on an extravaganza. —Smiley Reed
- 1/4 cup red onion and shallots
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance margarine (non-dairy)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 1/4 cups broccoli, chopped, steamed
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Fresh parsley, garnish
- In a large saucepan, saute onion, shallots and bell pepper in margarine over medium heat until tender.
- Add cornstarch, pepper, and paprika. Stir until smooth.
- Add broth, milk, and potatoes, stirring constantly until it boils and thickens.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cheese, tomatoes, and cooked broccoli. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted and soup is heated thoroughly.
- Sprinkle individual servings with parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup