If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Basmati is my favourite rice. Combine it with a veggie and a nut and get a wholesome, tasty and crunchy side to many dishes for the incoming season. —bonheurcuisine
Makes 6 (six)
cups cooked whole basmati rice
cup grated carrots
cup coarsely chopped and slightly toasted pecan nuts
gr cream cheese
tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
teaspoon baking powder
fine salt and black ground pepper
dash of ground cumin(optional)
- Combine in a bowl the cooked whole basmati rice, the grated carrots and the chopped and toasted pecans
- In another bowl mix the cream cheese with the slightly beaten eggs and the grated parmesan cheese. Add the baking powder
- Pour the egg mixture over the dry ingredients and mix
- Season with the salt and ground black pepper and add the ground cumin (optional)
- Generously grease a muffin tray or use a silicone muffin tray and fill each mold with two tablespoons of mixture
- Preheat the oven to 220C/430F and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes and unmold