If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nutty and chewy Tabouleh is a delightful cracked wheat salad mixed with Mediterranean grilled vegetables blending together old and new flavours. —Marisa R
- 2 peppers; green, red or yellow
- 1 eggplant, sliced 1/2" lengthwise strips
- 1 zucchini, sliced 1/2" lengthwise strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/2 red chili pepper or more to taste
- On a hot grill or BBQ scorch the skin of the peppers all around until blackened. Remove to slightly cool to the touch. Scrape off peel with your hands or a knife. Seed and cut into desired serving sizes. Meanwhile grill slices of vegetables turning to cook. They have no extra oil so they will slightly dehydrate but, you will be adding the dressing later, so no worries. When softened remove to a platter to cool to the touch. Cut into desired servings. In a small heated skillet, toast the coriander seeds. Toss to evenly distribute heat. Remove to cool. Crush in a mortar & pestle or place in a baggy and smash with a meat pounder/hammer or bottom of an empty wine bottle.
- Dressing: Whisk, oil, vinegar, salt, garlic, parsley, chili and coriander.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. This can be done the day before and refrigerated. Then brought to room temperature to serve.
- 1 cup fine cracked wheat kernels
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 3 tablespoons each chopped parsley and mint
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup unpeeled English cucumber
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 of a red onion, finely diced
- Soak the cracked wheat in water for 1/2hr - 1hr. Depending on how you like the chewy factor. Drain any remaining water. Toss in vegetables, herbs and coat with oil, lemon juice, zest and salt. Mix it up well to blend flavours. Set aside. This can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- Presentation: Family Style: toss both plates together and serve on a large platter or Companies Coming: Spread Tabouleh on a large platter and decoratively place the grilled vegetables around.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side