If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Since most of our diet is Paleo or Gluten Free. We do not suffer from Celiac but love how we feel eating this lifestyle. When I decide that pasta is on the menu then I go all the way and make it homemade. I love making my own pasta and ravioli’s. I have the attachments for my kitchen aid and it works great. As a home chef it is all the equipment I need to make fresh pasta.
This is what I did to create this recipe. I happened to have fresh spinach in the house and decided to use it in the raviolis with ricotta ricotta cheese and I even added a little shredded mozzarella since I had about 1/2 cup left in the refrigerator.
I even have one of those cute ravioli to give ridges that made me happy! You can use a knife but I love having fun kitchen gadgets. Enjoy
Note: You can make the ravioli’s a day in advance. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to cook and serve. —Cindy Anschutz
Ingredients for Ravioli
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for dusting
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In your sand mixer (I love my kitchen aid)set in the fitted hook. Add 4 large eggs, 1 at a time, and set the mixer to low. Continue mixing and add all the flour, water, olive oil, salt, and sugar; continue mixing until it forms a ball. Sprinkle some flour on work surface, and knead the dough until elastic and smooth. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest for about 10 minutes to allow the gluten to relax.
- Take a glass bowl and coat with olive oil or cooking spray. Add the ball and cover with plastic wrap and a towel. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Add a handfull of flour on a clean work surface. Cut ball in quarters leaving what you are not using in the bowl covered with plastic.
- Attach the attachment for sheet pasta to your sand mixer. (My box of attachments has 3 to select from. Connect the correct one).
- Form the dough into a rectangle and roll it through the pasta machine, starting at a larger setting and each time (for about 3 times) reduce to the most narrow setting.
- Prepare the filling below. Whisk remaining egg to a small bowl and get out your pastry brush.
- Move each piece to a board after lightly dusting. (I do that to protect my counter from the ravioli cutter)
- Take a large baking sheet and line with parchment paper. Sprinkle a light layer of flour.
- Brush egg wash around the entire edge of the sheet of dough. Add a teaspoon of filling along the bottom half of the sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart. Fold over to meet end to end. Take the ravioli cutter and roll to cut into squares. Roll all 4 edges and release and press your fingers around each ravioli to ensure they are completely sealed and place on your prepared baking sheet. Finish with the remaining dough!
- When ready to enjoy boil water in a large pot. Add plenty of salt and add in ravioli. Cook until they float to the top. About 4 minutes. Drain and enjoy with your favorite sauce and grated parmesan cheese.
Ingredients for Ricotta and Spinach Filling
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, well drained
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 large egg
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together.