If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is absolutely fitted for a nice autumn lunch. It’s easy, though healthy and doesn’t necessarily need any more ingredients than the ones you see above. But one note: for the thickened balsamic vinegar-syrup, I used plain sugar, which I caramelised. (Just because I had no alternative ingredients in my cabin). But if you don’t want to use ordinary sugar, you could perhaps try coconut-blossom sugar (which doesn’t peek at all at the glycemic index), or just use some honey. The sweet grilled pears are delicious with the soft goat cheese and the savoury taste of the arugula and pine nuts. Really too easy to make, but too tasteful not to try. If you like, you can serve some toasted (spelt) bread along with it, and perhaps sprinkle some pecorino cheese on top.
Have a good one :-) —Mirjam Leslie-Pringle
cup white balsamic vinegar
cup plain white sugar, or an alternative for sugar like cocos-blossom sugar (or just plain honey)
The Grilled Pear Salad
tablespoons olive oil for the pears, and 2tbsp extra for the salad
teaspoons squeezed lemon
large hands, 1 for each bowl
large, ripe pear
cup (small hand) of pine nuts
- For the balsamic-syrup, pour 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup of sugar in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to cook, and lower the heat. Let it thicken.
- In the meantime, peel the pear a bit on both sides.
- Cut it in firm slices
- Cut out the core with a sharp little knife.
- Whisk together 2 tbsp of olive oil, 2 tsp of lemon juice and one tsp of sugar
- Brush the parts with the oil-lemon sauce
- Grill the slices in a grill pan, until they get nice and soft and beautifully tanned with brown stripes. Turn them around carefully.
- Roast the pine nuts without oil. Be careful not to burn them!
- Mix the arugula with the 2 tbsp of olive oil and some freshly ground pepper and divide between the two plates.
- Divide the grilled pear on the plates, crumble some goat cheese on top, along with the roasted pine nuts.
- Last, but not least; sprinkle your well thickened syrup over you salad! Voila!