Author Notes: Fresh figs has slowly become one of my favourite fruits. It's easy to eat, with no seeds and no peeling. It is perfect for a refreshing and easy to make salad. There's nothing complicated about this dish. The only cooking involved is grilling or pan-frying the halloumi slices. So if you are too busy at work and have no mood to cook a full on hot meal when you get home, this will be a good option. Cut, grill, toss, plate and eat. Simple. —Ai Pheng Y
teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
handful of mint leaves
- Segment half of an orange and reserve its juice in a bowl.
- Quarter the figs and remove the pomegranate seeds from the fruit.
- Squeeze the juice from half a lemon into the bowl with orange juice.
- Pour a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and mix.
- Slice the mint leaves and save some whole leaves for garnish.
- Grill the halloumi slices and set aside.
- Place the sliced mint leaves and salad into the bowl with dressing.
- Toss until salad leaves are coated with dressing.
- Transfer dressed salad on to a plate, arrange the quartered figs and segments of oranges on the plate.
- Drizzle some honey over the salad.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over the salad and garnish with a few mint leaves.