If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A legacy from my Armenian grandmother, prepared by my mother with her natural skill for the kitchen. My favorite winter stew. —bonheurcuisine
- 4 lamb chops
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup water
- 600 g baby spinach
- 1 small can chickpeas (optional)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Heat 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a 24cm /10" inch round saucepan over a medium to high fire. Add the chopped onions with the crushed garlic cloves and saute. Once the onions are transparent place the lamb chops over them, add salt and fresh ground black pepper and let them sear on both sides, turning them over, being careful not to over cook them
- Once they are slightly browned add the canned tomatoes and water and allow to cook over a low fire for 10 to 15 minutes
- Wash the baby spinach and place them over a tea towel. Without drying them place them over the lamb chops and put the lid on the saucepan allowing to cook until the spinach leaves are withered. As a last step you can optionally add canned chickpeas . Allow the stew to rest for 15 minutes before serving
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal