If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I can eat an entire bowl of this in one sitting. It's incredibly simple and seasonal and works well with kale of all varieties. It has very few ingredients so each one has a standout flavor. This is a nice lemony recipe and the presentation is beautiful as well. —Rebecca at Salts Kitchen
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 zest of 1 lemon
- 1 pinch good salt
- 1 handful pine nuts, toasted
- 2-3 tablespoons pecorino romano
- dashes black pepper
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
- Wash and dry the kale.
- Tear away the stems by folding the kale in half and ripping the green away. Bunch the kale together on your cutting board and cut into 2-inch strips. Throw into bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, zest, and salt.
- Drizzle half of th mixture over the kale and massage well for at least a couple of minutes, making sure to work the dressing into each piece of kale (the tougher the kale, the more it needs to be massaged). If you need more dressing after massaging for a minute, add the rest. If not, save for another day
- When ready to serve, add the pine nuts and pecorino to the top, and grind the black pepper over all.
- If using raisins, add now.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens