If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nice, quick and healthy side dish. This veggie works as a fast side dish for a weekday meal, I wouldn't call it elegant. I always have frozen spinach on hand and needed a vegetable for dinner last night so used the spinach. The nuttiness of the browned garlic is tasty but you must be careful not to burn the garlic as it will be very bitter if you do. —Katheryn's Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
- 2 300 gram boxes of frozen chopped spinach- thawed and with the moisture squeezed out.
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes-optional
- Heat medium sized saute pan to medium low heat. Add minced garlic and saute until light golden brown, this will take 4-5 minutes. Please watch and stir constantly to make sure the garlic does not burn.
- When garlic light brown add the squeezed out spinach-( just squeeze out the excess moisture with your hands). Mix the garlic in well with the spinach, turn up the heat to medium while still mixing and let cook for about 5 minutes. Now season with salt and pepper- taste to make sure it's seasoned to your liking. In the past I have added 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes at this point, but it is optional.
- The spinach can just hold on low at this point. Add the 1/2 cup of parmesan at the very end just before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens