If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've always found difficulty cooking butternut squash creatively until stumbling upon The Healthy Foodie's blog and recipe for Butternut Squash, Kale & Ground Beef Breakfast Bowl from July 13, 2013. I love kale and always have a supply in my fridge so decided to adapt this breakfast recipe into dinner, while at the same time experimenting with my vexing butternut squash! Below is the result, to which I am very pleased! I featured this on my own blog, LauribethLoves,this past December and it has become a wintery dinnertime success! —Lauren Elizabeth
- 1 cup Butternut Squash, Roasted & Cubed
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 3/4 cup Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
- 1 cup Fresh Kale
- 1/4 pound Organic Ground Beef, 90/10 lean
- Parmesan slivers
- Creme Fraiche, dollop (optional)
- Chilli Flakes, pinch
- In a large wok, heat up the olive oil and add the onions/mushrooms.
- Next, grab a small frying pan and toast the pine nuts until golden brown. Once the onions and mushrooms have softened a bit, add the pine nuts and cover with the kale. Let the kale wilt before adding the ground beef.
- Keep on medium heat until the beef has browned, and add the prepared butternut squash. Mix all together in the wok until everything has mingled evenly.
- Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with some sliced Parmesan, chili flakes and dollop of creme fraiche. Grab a fork and dig in!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens