If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Veggie Summer Rolls with Spicy Peanut Lime Sauce Recipe on Oh She Glows website: http://ohsheglows.com/2012/07/20/veggie-summer-rolls-with-spicy-peanut-lime-sauce-two-ways.
Their post says "two ways" and I essentially created a third format by turning it into a salad, adding quinoa and omitting the tofu. The dressing I make varies slightly because I omit the lime juice and the sugar. I have posted my version of the recipe on my website http://www.whatvegetarianseat.com —Taylor Loftin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons water (as needed)
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add water (or more soy sauce – just make sure you taste as you go so you can gauge the salty-ness) until you get the consistency you want.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 carrot, julienned or shredded
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh diced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil leaves (optional)
- Chop up all of the veggies and toss into a large mixing bowl with the cooled cooked quinoa.
- Add dressing to the veggies and stir until everything is coated.
- Divide evenly onto serving dishes and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens