If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish begins with a tandoori style yoghurt marinade and ends with layers of flavor in the curry mayonnaise and roasted cashew coatings. It all comes together as a cruchyl brightly flavored summer picnic dish or hors d'oeuvre or main dish on a tapas spread! —LE BEC FIN
- 3 pounds chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1/2Tablespoon Ground toasted Coriander
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ground toasted Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Minced peeled Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt , Not 'No Fat’
- 1/8 cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
- 2-4 Tablespoons Madras style Curry Powder (Sun brand is excellent)
- 1-2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1+ cup finely chopped roasted unsalted cashews
- CHICKEN MARINADE: Whisk coriander through yoghurt in large bowl. Whisk in oil last, until combined. Dis-attach chicken tenderloins if there, but keep with chicken. Poke chicken a bit all over with narrow knife tip or skewer or sharp fork. Add chicken to bowl, stir well, and marinate chicken, covered, over night. (not longer or chicken will get mushy because of all the acid ingredients that break down the meat fibers [lemon, ginger, yoghurt].) .
- CURRY MAYONNAISE: Combine mayonnaise through lemon juice to taste. Refrigerate at least a few hours, taste and adjust flavoring. Should have enough curry powder to be distinctly yellow. Refrigerate overnight
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and lay, flat side down, on parchment or silpat covered sheet pan. Broil a few minutes on each side or roast at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes, til the meat gives just slightly to the touch and an inserted skewer reveals juices that are just slightly pinkish. Remove from oven and cool. In advance or when chicken is ready to serve, use rubber spatula to coat top side in thin layer of curry mayonnaise. At service time, dip chicken, top side down, in dish of cashews. (Keep aside some curry mayonnaise and cashews in case you don't need them, though you could possibly need even more.)
- Note: For Hors d'oeuvre or a forkless dish, cut the chicken into 3/4 inch cubes and skewer one or more pieces on a 6 inch bamboo skewer. Place skewers upright , chicken end down, in a container of marinade and proceed with rest of recipe per above.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken