Author Notes: This is the best food, ever. I like to use thick slices of bread and smash on a fat layer of avocado, so you get contrast between the crunch of toast, the soft innards of the bread, and the creamy avocado. Flaky salt is key; express yourself with extra toppings. —Marian Bull
- 1 slice of good bread (your choice: whole wheat, sourdough, and rye are all A+ options)
- 1/3 to 1/2 ripe avocado
- Flaky salt
- Drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- Black pepper, red pepper flakes. paprika, or ground cumin (optional)
- Toast your bread on both sides. Smash on avocado with a fork. Top with flaky salt -- don't be stingy -- and any other toppings that fit your fancy.
- Repeat as necessary.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!