If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One day, my boyfriend dumped a bunch of oil-packed anchovies into a pan, added some olives, and heated the whole thing until it sizzled. It was spectacular, so we did it again the next week ... and the next ... and the next. I always forget how wonderful olives are when they're warm -- rich and soft and almost buttery. We've served these olives to guests, sometimes with a little bit of garlic or rosemary added to the oil, and they're a huge hit. If you like olives and anchovies, you'll love this. —ieatthepeach
Food52 Review: These warm olives make the perfect after-work snack to go along with a glass of crisp white wine. The anchovies add even more of a salty kick, and while the dish is simply delicious if you leave it at that, the addition of garlic and rosemary makes it really special -- like something you'd eat at a tapas restaurant. Ieatthepeach (and boyfriend!) have really taken olives to a whole new level. I can't wait to serve these to guests. —ktchnninja
Serves: 4 to 6 as a snack
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
oil-packed anchovy fillets (about half a 90g jar's worth)
garlic clove, thinly sliced (optional)
medium sprig fresh rosemary (optional)
cup black, green, or mixed olives, drained
- Finely chop the anchovies, and add to a small skillet along with a couple teaspoons of their oil. Add garlic and/or rosemary (if using), and turn the heat to medium. Let the pan warm up until the anchovies are completely dissolved and the oil is sizzling.
- Add olives to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until they're warmed through. Transfer to a bowl, making sure to pour over all the flavorful oil from the pan. Serve with toothpicks for the olives and bread for mopping up the oil.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Umami-Centric Recipe