If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a perfect weekday dinner. It needs minimal prep and doesn’t take that long to cook. Add your favorite veggies and make multiple variations of this stir-fry. —themessimake.com
- 8 ounces Extra firm tofu – cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup San Soyaki sauce (Teriyaki sauce)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (adjust according to your taste)
- 2 cloves of garlic – minced
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 red bell pepper – sliced
- 4 heads of green onions/scallions – chopped
- other veggies of your choice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp corn starch + 1/4 cup cold water (optional) – this helps thicken the sauce
- In a small bowl, mix teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, half of the minced garlic and half of the chopped green onions. Marinate the chopped tofu in this mixture for about 30 minutes, longer if you have time but 30 minutes should suffice. While the tofu marinates, you can cook your choice of starch: noodles, rice, quinoa or couscous. You can also start cleaning up to save time after the meal is ready.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil on medium heat in a wok.
- Add garlic and veggies and sauté covered for a minute or two.
- Meanwhile, mix the corn starch in cold water and set aside.
- Add marinated tofu to the garlic and veggie mixture and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the corn starch and cold water mixture and mix well and cook for another minute or two.
- Serve over rice, quinoa or couscous.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions