If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Using lemon, orange, and lime zests add bright flavor to this light lunch salad. For a more ample entree, the combination of avocado, radish, and citrus would pair nicely with a piece of roasted, grilled, or pan-seared fish. —Jillian Bernardini
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Quinoa
- 2 Lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 Lime, zested and juiced
- 1 Orange, zested
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 Bunch radishes (about nine), trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 Avocados, pitted, skinned and chopped
- 1/3 cup Chopped fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, bring the chicken stock and water to a boil. Add the quinoa, lower the heat to medium, and cover the pan. Simmer for about 18 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the quinoa stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, fluff the quinoa with a fork, and set aside to cool.
- In another bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and rind, lime juice and rind, orange rind, shallot, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the olive oil in a thin steady stream, whisking constantly.
- Add the radishes, avocado, and parsley to the quinoa. Pour the vinaigrette over the quinoa mixture, and toss gently to combine. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if you like.