If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe for quite a light, carb-free dinner, or a special lunch. The lemon in the zucchini spaghetti cuts through the rich oiliness of the salmon, while the mushrooms add a certain meatiness.
- 1 Salmon Fillet, weighing approx. 110g
- 1 Zucchini / Courgette
- 1/2 Red Chilli
- 1/2 Lemon, juice only
- 125g Chesnut Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Clove of Garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Tarragon
- Small knob of butter
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Next, make the spaghetti. To create the spaghetti, thinly slice the zucchini length-ways using a vegetable peeler, before slicing them into thin strips. Including the skin gives more colour and bite. De-seed and julienne the red chilli to match the texture of the zucchini. Place both in a colander with a drizzle of olive oil, the juice of a quarter lemon and season with salt and pepper. Leave to stand.
- Place the salmon fillet skin-side up on some tin foil on a baking tray. Season with salt and pepper, a small drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. Make sure the whole fillet is coated before putting in the oven. Cook for approximately ten minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan. Once hot, add the mushrooms, garlic and tarragon to the plan. Toss to coat and reduce to medium heat so that the garlic does not burn. Stir occasionally, and add the butter once the mixture becomes dry. Once the mushrooms are cooked, turn up the heat to crispen slightly. Squeeze the rest of the lemon juice over and set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan without oil. Once hot, add the spaghetti mixture. Quickly stir and avoid colouring the vegetables. You simply need to wilt and warm through the zucchini as opposed to 'cook' it, as it would get too soft.
- Arrange the spaghetti in a bowl, add the mushrooms and place the salmon on top. This would be quite nice with a dollop of creme fraiche if you have any to hand.