If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I eat, I like to hit lots of flavor and texture notes and to create harmony on a plate. In this salad, the bitter crunch of the radicchio is nicely offset by the creamy crumbled egg and sweet toasted nuts, and further complemented by the zing of capers and dressing. This salad had me wanting seconds, and then thirds…. If you can't believe it, make this easy dish and see for yourself. —Melina Hammer
- 1 handful hazelnuts
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Sherry vinegar
- Good olive oil
- 1 head radicchio
- 2 free-range eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- 1 handful capers, soaked and patted dry
- In a dry skillet, lightly toast the hazelnuts for a few minutes, then place them between layers of parchment paper and wipe them of their skins. You may want to do this in rounds, as some will release easier than others. Discard the skins from the paper to keep things tidy as you go.
- Gently crush nuts by pressing on them with the flat side of a knife. Return nuts to skillet and toast again until they become fragrant, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the minced shallot, mustard, honey, vinegar, and a glug of olive oil. Taste as you add the vinegar, first adding a just a spoonful and then more as needed. Adjust to your taste.
- Cut radicchio into wedges and stagger on plates.
- Top with crumbled egg, then the hazelnuts and capers. Dress with vinaigrette and enjoy.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Topics: Dinner, Faster