If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Want to take a break from kale? Give chard a chance. It’s a nutritious green and makes a great warm salad. I made this super easy warm chard-red quinoa salad in less than 15 minutes for a quick lunch. Its loaded with garlic and I topped it with tomatoes to add some freshness. You can add other veggies for more color and taste, add an egg, grilled tofu…this has endless possibilities!! —themessimake.com
- 1 bunch rainbow chard (about 2 cups chopped)
- 1 large garlic clove – minced (about 1 tsp minced)
- pinches of salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cooked red quinoa
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes or cucumbers
- OTHER PROTEIN ADD-IN OPTIONS
- boiled, poached or sunny side up egg
- grilled tofu
- Cut off the stems from the chard leaves and chop the leaves into medium size pieces.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a small non-stick pan on medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook for a minute, be sure to not let the garlic burn/turn brown, you may need to lower the heat a bit.
- Add the chopped chard, salt, crushed red pepper and mix well. Cook for about 5 minutes. Taste the chard to test for doneness. You want it to be a bit crunchy, wilted chard won’t be so appetizing if you’re eating it solo.
- Add the cooked quinoa and mix well.
- Top it with tomatoes.