Author Notes: This is a quick frittata that is easily thrown together on a weekday to give you and your significant other enough fuel for the morning. If you don't want to go the veggie route, this recipe will also work with any kind of ham product; sausage, bacon, Pancetta, etc. If you're super short on time, prep the leeks and mushrooms the night before. I love frittatas because they are so versatile and serve as a great way to ensure you use all of your produce for the week. —onetinyspark
White button mushrooms
Small leek, sliced
handful Baby spinach
handful Grated Swiss cheese
Sliced green onion for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place an 8 inch skillet over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Saute the leeks for a few minutes until they begin to get tender.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook for 2-4 minutes longer.
- During this time, whisk the eggs together in a bowl.
- When the mushrooms and leeks are ready to go, throw in the spinach.
- As it begins to wilt, pour in the eggs, coating the spinach.
- Top the mixture with the Swiss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Give the skillet a shake to ensure the egg is coating all of the ingredients and making its way through the spinach.
- Cook on the stovetop for about 1 minute. Then, transfer the skillet to the broiler for about 3-5 minutes. The frittata is ready to go when the edges are beginning to brown and the egg is set.
- Top with extra spinach, green onions, and red chili flakes (for the lovers of heat).
- Transfer the frittata to a cutting board, split it in half, and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe