If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been trying to get back into running. I was never a runner but in college, after putting on a few pounds, I decided to start running (more like jogging) as part of my exercise routine. Now I enjoy running on cool early mornings. I have been running outside more since I moved to California, it is much better than running on a treadmill. Today I ran 6.5 miles with a 10.32 average. I was beat after the run but felt so great burning 545 calories! I wanted to make a nutritious lunch so after brainstorming ideas while running, I came up with this recipe. —themessimake.com
- 1 egg - poached
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup canned chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper or to taste
- pinches Cayenne Pepper or to taste
- Heat oil and sauté onions for 1-2 minutes.
- Add carrots, spinach, chickpeas and 1 tbsp water, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Add salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve the poached egg over warm salad and croutons. Sprinkle salt and Cayenne pepper on the egg.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas