If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We make this recipe at our cafe. Gluten free, hearty, healthy and filling- it's all we want to eat on a beautiful spring day. You won't miss the meat in this vegan recipe. The lemon scallion dressing is zingy and bright- and a perfect springtime compliment to this hearty salad. —maya vincelli
- 1.75 ounces cooked quinoa
- 2 ounces spring mix lettuce (arcadian harvest if available)
- 1.5 ounces peeled, roasted & diced beets
- 1.5 ounces peeled roasted & diced sweet potatoes
- 2 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes
- Cook Quinoa to package specifications. wash and dry lettuce. peel, roast and dice beets and sweet potatoes. wash and dry tomatoes. arrange lettuce and top lettuce in each corner with veggies.
Dressing- Lemon Scallion
- 4 ounces scallions/green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Makes enough dressing for 4-6 salads, depending on how heavy handed you are.
- Roast scallions and garlic at 400 degrees until they are slightly browned and very tender.
- add scallions, garlic and remaining ingredients to a food processor, and blend until very smooth.
- serve over loaded quinoa salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions