If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious combo in a sandwich. Creamy, tangy and just enough earthiness for balance. —Miss Hangrypants
- 1 cup dried mission figs, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnut, chopped and toasted
- 1.5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or basil, chopped
- 10 ounces goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices of artisan bread
- Combine chopped figs with water and heat in a sauce pot until figs are soft and liquid is all gone. About 8 mins. Mash into a chunky paste
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, thyme, rehydrated fig paste, chopped walnuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use
- Whip feta, rest of the herbs, lemon zest and juice, pepper in a food processor. Drizzle in olive oil if desired (1-2 tbsp)
- Toast bread, spread a good helping of the fig and walnut paste and whipped feta. Sandwich it and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts