If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This has become a guest-salad tradition. Whenever we have guests at the last minute or even for thanksgiving they know what salad to expect! The pears and the walnuts give it an extra dimension so that it is guest-worthy. Adapted from: Williams Sonoma Salad —natalie wiegand
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 3 pears cored and sliced (we like the Taylor's Gold right now)
- 1 handful crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- If your in a hurry skip toasting the walnuts. But for the nice toasty flavor: pre-heat the oven to 350. Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast for about 10 minutes. Shake the pan a bit after 6 minutes to avoid browning. Let cool.
- For the dressing: whisk together the yogurt, walnut oil, mayo, vinegar, and worcestershire sauce in your serving bowl.
- Add the spinach, pears and walnuts and toss. Sprinkle blue cheese to your liking and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts