If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Harking back to one of our family's favorite holiday treats from the 80's, here's an updated version of a classic pineapple-walnut cheese ball. I'm not sure where my mom got the original recipe, so I can't credit the source. It's handwritten on an index card, though, so likely from one of her lovely Card Club gal pals. —Magpye
Makes: 1 ball
2 - 8oz
packets Cream Cheese
cup Minced Shallots
cup Minced Red Bell Pepper
ounces Can of Lychee Fruit, drained and minced
teaspoons Lemon Juice
teaspoons Worchester Sauce
tablespoon Black Pepper
ounces Coarsely Chopped Walnuts
- Either by hand, or in a food processor, coarsely chop the walnuts and set aside.
- Either by hand, or in a food processor, mince (being carful not to pulverize or juice!) the shallot, bell pepper and lychees.
- Either by hand, in a food processor or mixer, beat the cream cheese to soften.
- Mix the cream cheese, shallots, lychees, bell pepper, and remaining ingredients except walnuts together just until well blended.
- Lay a piece of cling film (about 12x12 inches) on your work surface, and pour 1/4 of the walnuts into a mound.
- Form the cheese mixture into a ball (use your hands, it's ok!) and place it on the mound of walnuts. Sprinkle remaining walnuts on the top and sides of the ball, using the cling film to help cover the entire ball evenly.
- Plate and serve with your choice of mild crackers.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts