If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This baked maple walnut oatmeal is straight out of your mama's cookbook. It's warm, hearty, and tastes like childhood. —Liz Willcock
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinches salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond milk, butter, egg, and maple syrup. Whisk gently.
- In another medium bowl combine the dry stuff- oats, walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry bowl and mix until the oats have absorbed most of the liquids
- Divide evenly between two greased oven-safe bowls (we repurposed our french onion soup bowls). Sprinkle the brown sugar on top, and pop them in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with seasonal fruit and extra walnuts for garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts