If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this delicious salad for dinner tonight. Warm creamy goat cheese is wonderfully offset by crunchy walnuts and a sweet pear dressing. I rounded this salad out with roasted sweet potato and lentils to make it a main dish salad. I could see these walnut crusted goat cheese rounds topping a salad made with arugula, strawberries with a balsamic dressing. Or maybe in the fall with apples and a maple dressing. The point is, walnut crusted chèvre is really special, as well as easy to make, and you can take it in any direction you would like. —Carole
Makes salad for a crowd
- 1 bunch Washed baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Large sweet potato
- 1 Log of chevre
- 1 Pear - peeled, cored and cubed
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Pinch Dried thyme
- Pinch Salt
- 1. Toss your cubed sweet potatoes with a few tablespoons of oil, to coat. Place them in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet and roast at 425. How long this takes will depend on how big your pieces are. Mine took about 35 minutes. Turn them after about 20 minutes and keep roasting them until they begin to caramelize at the edges.
- 2. Cook your lentils in 2 cups of water. Bring water to a boil, add the lentils and simmer until tender. (About 20 minutes, but this can vary depending on type and age of lentil)
- 4. Dip each goat cheese round in the beaten egg, then press the walnuts into the round. Heat a dry pan over medium-high heat. Put the walnut crusted goat cheese round in the pan and toast until the nuts begin to brown. Carefully turn the rounds and brown the other side.
- 5. Assemble the salad. This can be served on a large platter or on plated individually. Layer a bed of spinach, the lentils and the sweet potato on the plate. Place the walnut crusted chèvre in the middle of the plate and drizzle with dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts