If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I started out to make maque choux with andouille but the weather was so warm that I decided something chilled would be better for dinner. Corn, andouille, pepper, tomatoes, a little green onion and orzo combine to make this a lovely spicy summer salad. —inpatskitchen
Makes 6 to 8 side servings
- 5 ears raw corn
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 cup dry orzo
- 2 medium plum tomatoes
- 2 large green onions
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil( and maybe a little more for finishing)
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite Creole/Cajun seasoning(I used Tony Chachere's original) and maybe a little more for finishing
- With a sharp knife, remove the kernels from the ears of corn. I do this in a large bowl so I don't have "flying" kernels. Set that bowl aside.
- Cut the andouille link lengthwise and then, if you like crosswise. On a grill or grill pan, grill the sausage and the poblano pepper until everything is lightly charred.
- Remove the seeds from the poblano and dice finely. Slice the grilled andouille into thin half moons. Add both ingredients to the bowl of corn.
- Cook the orzo per package instructions. Drain and while still hot, stir it into the bowl of corn, andouille and pepper.
- Stir in the olive oil, sprinkle the Cajun/Creole seasoning over and stir again.
- Seed and core the tomatoes and cut into a small dice and then thinly slice the green onions. Stir them into the pasta salad. Cover and chill. When ready to serve, taste for seasoning and or extra olive oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn