Author Notes: This is another recipe inspired by entering into an online blog competition to use three specific ingredients: corned beef, corn kernels, and cornflakes. This was both mine and my husband's favorite. This appetizer would be a hit at any meal! If you make a large quantity of these then perhaps double or triple the dipping sauce. —anotherfoodieblogger
Serves: however many you decide to make
cup Thousand Island Dressing
cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
Egg roll wrappers
Sliced deli corned beef
Sliced deli Swiss cheese
1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon milk
Crushed cornflakes cereal, amount as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add the dressing and the corn to a food processor, and blend until the corn is incorporated. Set aside.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a plate, then top with a few slices of corned beef. Then add one slice of Swiss cheese, one tablespoon of the corn dressing mixture, and one tablespoon of sauerkraut to the middle.
- Roll up the egg roll wrapper according to package directions. Seal with a bit of the egg/milk wash. Brush the egg/milk wash evenly over the entire roll-up, then coat with the crushed cornflakes.
- Spray a foil or parchment paper-lined pan with oil, and place the roll-ups on the pan. Spray the rollups lightly with oil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until crispy and lightly browned. Remove and let cool for a few minutes. Serve with the remaining corn dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn