If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I dared to make this dish for Mom's 50th Bday party few years back.... it was delish!
Please note that I have listed ingredients for a party size paella, I figured why not since you're going to go through the trouble of cooking this not to easy dish! - Well I made this recipe as easy as I could - ENJOY! —Lola Gutierrez
Serves 15 - 20 people
- 15-20 clams, VERY WELL scrubbed
- 5 Chicken breast Boneless and skinless - cut into small pieces
- 25 peeled shrimps
- 5 fish fillets cut into 2"x2" squares
- 15-20 prawns, unpeeled
- 5 Spanish sausages - cut into small round pieces
- 3 Tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 2 Red bell peppers - cut into small pieces
- 2 cups green beans
- 1 /2 cups olive oil
- pinches safron
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Spanish Paprika
- 5 cups Jasmin Rice
- 1 bunch Parsley - finely cut
- pinches sea salt - al gusto
- First, Pan fry the Chicken pieces and Fish pieces, set it aside in a plate with paper towels to drain the oil. - ****Please note that you can fry all this ingredients in the same pan or pot (since all of them will eventually come together) but you should fry one at a time.
- Pre heat the oil for the paella pot - **** this could either be cook in two burners of the stove or in a large grill an high temperature.
- Once paella dish is heated, Add the red bell pepper and Spanish Chorizo, sauté until chorizo slightly crispy. Add the tomatoes, paprika, saffron, and salt. Stir until combined, then add the stock. Bring to a boil, then lower the flame so it simmers slowly for about 15 minutes.
- Add in the rice - Stir everything in the pan thoroughly but don't stir too much. Add the chicken, prawns and clams. Once prawns have turned pink and the shellfish have opened.
- Continue to cook the rice over medium to low heat. Add the green peas once the liquid starts to simmer down to almost nothing.
- Once the liquid is completely gone let it cook for few more minutes to get some crusty base of rice - make sure you keep an eye out on this last part because you can burn you're master piece ten sprinkle that beautiful minced parsley ! VOILA! let it rest for about 10 minutes - SERVE WARM!