If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is awesome served at room temperature, which makes it perfect for potlucks and lunches. Pine nuts can get pretty pricey, so I usually swap them with toasted raw cashews when I'm making this for a large group. —alyson mance
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into florets
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 heaping teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine broccoli florets, 3 tablespoons oil, lemon zest and a healthy sprinkle of salt and pepper in a bowl. Spread broccoli out in a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle pine nuts over broccoli. Return to oven and roast for another 5-10 minutes, until pine nuts are golden brown and toasted.
- Meanwhile, combine shallot, lemon juice, honey and dijon in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and whisk until fully combined. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to combine. Adjust for salt and pepper and serve immediately. Can be eaten hot or cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe