If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This strawberry and orange quinoa salad is refreshing and perfect on a warm sunny day and a good way to use any leftover cooked quinoa. Perfect for picnics and barbeques and lunch boxes. The ingredients quantities are a guideline only - throw in more or less of what you want. Omit the cheese if making this for vegans. —Bintu
handfuls of baby salad leaves
ounces cooked quinoa
orange peeled, pith removed and sliced
ounces cubed feta
tablespoons chopped toasted nuts
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
teaspoon 1 grainy mustard
pinches ground black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients from the salad leaves to the chopped nuts together.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the balsamic vinaigrette (from the oil to the pepper) together until combined.
- Adjust seasoning and drizzle on as much dressing as you would like onto your salad.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and grilled fish, meats or vegetables.
- You can keep the rest of the vinaigrette on your counter top for another salad.
- You can easily double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe