If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Finishing off artichokes on the grill, is the BEST. It lends a nice crispy texture to the edges and a smoky flavor that a pot of boiling water just wont give ya. This recipe is great for the Summer. —Courtney Elizabeth
- 2 Globe Artichokes, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup Water
- Olive Oil, for brushing
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare a large pot with water and broth. (inch or two) Add the juice of one lemon. Bring to a light boil and drop in cleaned/trimmed artichokes. Cover. Gently simmer for 15 minutes. Remove artichokes. Cool. Slice in halves.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Brush artichokes on both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Grill cut side down, first. About 10 minutes, then 5 on the other side..
- Carefully scoop the chokes (the hairy part near the heart) out of the artichokes using a teaspoon.
Garlic Lemon Aioli
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Plain or Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, finely minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- In a small bowl whisk all ingredients, except black pepper. Store in the fridge, covered. Grind black pepper on top right before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish