If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Found the most fabulous tomatoes and earthy, lovely portabello mushrooms at the Union Square Greenmarket. In celebration of these fresh ingredients, we made mushroom tacos. —Yum Lovers
- 4 Ripe, juicy tomatoes
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Fresh serrano chili
- 1 splash EVOO
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper
Mushrooms & Taco Filling
- 1 pound Portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 2 Cloves of crushed garlic
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 1 Pack mini corn tortillas
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 pinch Feta cheese
- 1 Lime
- Start by making the tomato salsa. Preheat the oven to 400F. Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water to remove the skins and chop into quarters. Season with a good lug of extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, crushed garlic, cumin and chipotle. Roast in the oven for about 40 mins or until the tomatoes are soft, squishy and smelling delicious.
- Once done, transfer to a blender, add the chili (seeds and all), check the seasoning and blend to a smooth sauce-like consistency.
- Next, start the mushrooms - in a good skillet add the remaining two cloves of crushed garlic, onion, a lug of olive oil and the paprika. Cook on a medium heat until the onions soften and brown slighty (about 10 minutes). Then add the mushrooms and cook for another 10 mins or until the mushrooms turn dark and start oozing juices. Season to taste.
- Serve with a wedge of fresh lime, slices of avocado, cheese and garnished with fresh cilantro. Side of corn on the cob. Lashings of red wine optional, but highly recommended.