If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love this recipe - the quinoa creates a lovely base for the tart that's filled with fresh roasted veggies. It's not just healthy but beautiful and easy to prepare, making it a stunning first or main course to serve guests.
http://www.vickibensinger.com/2014/05/roasted-vegetable-quinoa-tartlets.html —Vicki Bensinger
- 1/2 large shallot diced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 10.5 ounces grape tomatoes
- 1 bunch baby carrots
- 12 asparagus spears
- 4 handfuls mache rosette - one for each tartlet (or arugula)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or to taste
- Quinoa: Place 1 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick skillet with diced shallots and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add quinoa. Stir to combine, continue cooking on medium heat until quinoa becomes fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add water and bring to a simmer. Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Add pesto, parmesan, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Preparing Tartlets: In the meantime, prepare 4 (4 3/4 -inch) tartlet pans. Spray with non-stick spray. Take 1/2 cup of quinoa mixture and add to each tartlet pan. Using your fingertips, gently press quinoa mixture into bottom and up sides of the tartlet pan. Be sure to create at least an 1/8-inch border of quinoa around the edges for stabilization. Place quinoa filled tartlet pans into a 350F degree oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Roasted Vegetables: Wash tomatoes, carrots, and asparagus and place on a sheet tray lined with heavy-duty foil. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and salt. Place veggies in a 425F degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove tartlets from oven and allow to cool briefly before removing them from their container, onto a plate. Top with greens, veggies, and drizzle with a touch of lemon vinaigrette.
- Lemon Vinaigrette: Combine lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, honey, Dijon, salt & pepper to taste. Whisk and drizzle over roasted veggies and greens.