If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
For the Burgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 small beets, roasted
- balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt (I used Penzy's 4/s Seasoned Salt)
- 4 hamburger rolls
- 7 ounces blue cheese
For the Deconstructed Blue Cheese
- 1/4 cup good mayonnaise (I used Duke's)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- squirt of lemon juice
- 1 ounce blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. To roast beets, trim greens, stalks, and tails from beets. Poke a few holes in each and wrap in foil. Before closing foil, add about a teaspoon of oil to each foil pouch and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Roast for about an hour. When cool enough to handle, peel beets and slice thinly, about 1/8 inch thick.
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, spices, green onions, and 1 oz of blue cheese. Do not add the rest of the blue cheese because you'll add this to the burger before serving for a stronger, blue cheese flavor.
- Form ground beef into 4 patties. To prevent them from shrinking into meatballs, make a circular, 1/4" indentation with your thumb in the middle of the burger. Season liberally on each side with seasoning salt. Set aside until ready to grill.
- If using a grill, turn gas grill to high or heat coals until they turn bright orange and ash over. Cook burgers for 4 minutes. Flip and cook about 3-4 minutes more, for medium doneness. Add buns to grill and heat for about a minute.
- To assemble burgers, top burger patty with sliced beets, then add heap of blue cheese, then add the arugula. On the top half of the bun, slather with mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, and spice mixture.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe