If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple, delicious salad is perfect to accompany seafood or barbecue. I don´t have a written recipe, but tried to capture its taste according to my palate´s memory since I first had this salad on a trip to Burgundy more than 10 years ago. —Sabine
Serves 4 as a starter
- 150 grams black (Beluga) lentils
- 0.5-1 liters chicken stock, to cover lentils,
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 3 anchovi fillets, finely chopped (more to taste)
- curry powder, ground chili & ground pepper to taste
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped (or flat leaf parsley)
- juice of 1-2 lemon(s)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat lentils in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add chicken stock (or salted water) until just covered, and bring to a boil. Let simmer at medium heat until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes. Set aside
- Add chopped anchovis, and diced avocado and red pepper to lukewarm lentils.
- Add lemon juice, maybe some extra olive oil, and season with chili, pepper, and curry powder to taste. Maybe some extra anchovies or some sea salt are needed. Allow to sit for at least 1 hour.
- Immediately before serving, add chopped cilantro (or parsley). Adjust seasoning, and add some more lemon juice, if needed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados