If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Avocado toast is a new thing for me. We don't eat much avocado back home. Now, living here, I'm enjoying my avocado daily! This is my version of good avocado toast! —WearEatLove
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped (stalks also)
- 1 handful fresh dill, finely chopped (stalks also)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 radishes
- 1 handful watercress
- Heat the water for blanching the asparagus. Salt your water well.
- Snap the ends of asparagus bending it until it naturally snaps. Wash and drain. Chop the tips off.
- When water boiling put the stalks into the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes, add the tips and cook for another minute.
- Remove from water, toss with olive oil and cool.
- Roughly chop the asparagus stalks. Save the tips to make your toast beautiful.
- Cut avocados in half, remove the pit, scoop the flesh into a bowl, add salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons lime juice, parsley and dill. Roughly mash everything together with a fork. Add chopped asparagus stalks and carefully combine with the mixture.
- In the meantime toast your bread.
- Spread avocado asparagus mash on your toast, toss the radish slices, watercress and asparagus tips on top of each toast. Drizzle with olive oil and rest of the lime juice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados