If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The first time I tasted this salad at a party it had walnuts in place of pine nuts and didn't have the avocado. I made it the original way a couple times but knew that there had to be another nut that would go better. I tried toasted slivered almonds (which was good, but not perfect) then I tried the pine nut AKA Pignolia. The flavors come together wonderfully! I would recommend making this at least a couple hours before you eat it so it can chill. —Kristina's Cooking
cups Cooked Quinoa (I used multi colored)
tablespoons Raw Pine Nuts
Chopped Large Tomatoes (or 8 cherry tomatoes, halved)
tablespoons Olive Oil
- Place cooked Quinoa in the fridge to cool.
- Heat a small skillet on medium high heat.
- Add the Pine Nuts and cook until golden brown (about 2 minutes), making sure to stir often)
- Put chopped Tomatoes, Avocado, and Olive Oil in a medium size bowl.
- Add Pine Nuts and Quinoa and season with Salt and Pepper. Enjoy!