Author Notes: The first time I tasted this salad at a party it had walnuts in place of pine nuts and didn't have the avocado. I made it the original way a couple times but knew that there had to be another nut that would go better. I tried toasted slivered almonds (which was good, but not perfect) then I tried the pine nut AKA Pignolia. The flavors come together wonderfully! I would recommend making this at least a couple hours before you eat it so it can chill. —Kristina's Cooking
cups Cooked Quinoa (I used multi colored)
tablespoons Raw Pine Nuts
Chopped Large Tomatoes (or 8 cherry tomatoes, halved)
tablespoons Olive Oil
- Place cooked Quinoa in the fridge to cool.
- Heat a small skillet on medium high heat.
- Add the Pine Nuts and cook until golden brown (about 2 minutes), making sure to stir often)
- Put chopped Tomatoes, Avocado, and Olive Oil in a medium size bowl.
- Add Pine Nuts and Quinoa and season with Salt and Pepper. Enjoy!