- Serves 6
A warm creamy risotto perfect for cool winter nights sitting by the fire. It looks complicated but is incredibly easy to make. Perfect for weeknight dinner! —Liza's Kitchen NYC
What You'll Need
1 1/2 cups
Chicken Broth (do not buy low sodium)
1 1/2 cups
Frozen Green Peas
Thinly Sliced Chicken Breasts
Sweet Onion (such as Vidalia)
White Button Mushrooms
Dry White Wine, such as Vermouth
- Wash mushrooms carefully and then slice into 1/4 inch slices. Then chop the onion.
- Heat a large stock pot over a medium flame. Add 2 TB butter and add the mushrooms and onion.
- As the mushrooms and onion are cooking, slice the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Cook until the mushrooms are lightly brown and the onion is translucent and caramelized. When done, remove from the pot, leaving the liquid behind.
- Add the chicken to the pot along with 1 TB of butter. Cook until done, then remove from the pot leaving the liquid behind.
- Add the remaining 1 TB of butter to the pot along with the rice. Stir well, making sure that the rice doesn't stick. It it begins to, add 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Continue to cook over medium heat stirring often to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Just as the liquid is just about absorbed, add another cup of chicken broth. Repeat until all broth is gone - about 25 minutes.
- Add the peas, chicken, mushrooms, and onion back into the rice, stirring it in until they are heated all the way through.
- Then, add the Parmesan and stir so it is evenly distributed.
- Serve immediately.