A warm creamy risotto perfect for cool winter nights sitting by the fire. It looks complicated but is incredibly easy to make. Perfect for weeknight dinner! —Liza's Kitchen NYC
- Serves 6
1 1/2 cups
Chicken Broth (do not buy low sodium)
1 1/2 cups
Frozen Green Peas
Thinly Sliced Chicken Breasts
Sweet Onion (such as Vidalia)
White Button Mushrooms
Dry White Wine, such as Vermouth
In This Recipe
- Wash mushrooms carefully and then slice into 1/4 inch slices. Then chop the onion.
- Heat a large stock pot over a medium flame. Add 2 TB butter and add the mushrooms and onion.
- As the mushrooms and onion are cooking, slice the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Cook until the mushrooms are lightly brown and the onion is translucent and caramelized. When done, remove from the pot, leaving the liquid behind.
- Add the chicken to the pot along with 1 TB of butter. Cook until done, then remove from the pot leaving the liquid behind.
- Add the remaining 1 TB of butter to the pot along with the rice. Stir well, making sure that the rice doesn't stick. It it begins to, add 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Continue to cook over medium heat stirring often to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Just as the liquid is just about absorbed, add another cup of chicken broth. Repeat until all broth is gone - about 25 minutes.
- Add the peas, chicken, mushrooms, and onion back into the rice, stirring it in until they are heated all the way through.
- Then, add the Parmesan and stir so it is evenly distributed.
- Serve immediately.