If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 Baguette, sliced on a bias, 1/4"
- 2 Tomatoes, rough chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Pimenton d'espelette
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Jar of Basque peppers
- Heat the olive oil over medium high Heath in a small pot. Add the shallots, stirring, until softened. Stir in the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes, paprika, and espelette. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low. Cook low and slow, stirring periodically until reduced to a thick tomato jam.
- Spread the tomato jam on your bread slices and broil until the edges have darkened almost to black.
- Skewer one basque pepper per crostini, in an s-shape, and insert the skewers into the crostini at an angle. Plate.