If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You might not be a chef—but you still want to put dinner on the table and get a high five from the kids. Check all the boxes with this super delicious lazy stuffed peppers recipe!
This dish is way easier than making stuffed bell peppers, and you only have to dirty up one pot to make it! You don’t even need a fancy skillet with a lid—just find a big pot and cover with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bada bing!
There’s lots of yummy rice, gooey cheese, rock star seasonings and extra-lean ground beef. There’s no doubt the whole tribe will be full once meal time is over! —Cheryl Najafi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 bell peppers, seeded and diced large
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14.5 ounces can petite diced tomatoes, with juices
- 14.5 ounces can chicken or beef broth
- 8 ounces can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons beef or chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1 cup white long grain rice,uncooked
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place a large skillet with a tight fitting lid over medium-high heat then add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the ground beef and cook 5–7 minutes, breaking into small pieces as it browns.
- When the meat is cooked through and no pink remains, add the onions, bell peppers and garlic then stir to combine. Once the peppers have started to soften and the onions are translucent, remove from the heat and drain excess grease.
- Return skillet to the stove then reduce the heat to medium. Stir in diced tomatoes with juice, broth, tomato sauce, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Bring the mixture to a boil then stir in uncooked long grain rice. Return the liquid to a boil then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- One rice is tender, remove skillet from the heat, stir the mixture lightly just to fluff up the rice, sprinkle the top with shredded cheddar cheese and replace the lid. Allow the casserole to rest, covered, for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!